Definition

From slang.ie :

Wagon. A cranky contary female / an ugly female. She\'s some wagon eh?

wagon. wagon - an awful woman. than one is such a wagon!

wagon. a woman thats a bitch. dat ones a right wagon.

Wagon. A cantankerous old woman.. Yer wan's some wagon, I asked her could I feed the seagulls and she lifted me out of it!

wagon. car or other mode of transport. i'll drive my waggon.

Wanderly Wagon. A much loved Irish children's TV program which ran from 1968 to 1982


Tuesday 3 April 2012

The downside of puppy walking

One of the reasons I had to come home was to bring the dogs back before we start "Le Big Trek", which also meant I had to say goodbye to Roxy, the guide dog pup I have been minding for a year. We are doing the trek because we both really want to, but also to raise funds for "The Assistance Dog Program for Families of Children with Autism". It costs around €38,000 to train one of these dogs, and most of this money has to come from donations. If you would like to, please donate here
http://www.mycharity.ie/event/martine_greenlees_event

So Roxy got royally spoilt over the weekend, long walks





On one of my favourite beaches


But all good things must come to an end , and on Monday morning I took Roxy to Ballincollig, met my supervisor, and put Roxy through her paces while Orla looked on. "Yes she's ready" she proclaimed, but unfortunately there isn't another training slot until the middle of May, so she will spend a few days in kennels and then maybe go to another puppy walker for a few weeks.

We all went back to the Guide Dog Centre, where Roxy got to meet new friends, and she was really having a great time when I slipped quietly away, having said my goodbyes earlier on the steps of the cinema in Ballincollg. "Be a good girl Roxy"




2 comments:

  1. I am sure she will be a very good girl. Well done. Thank you for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Roxy!

    Good luck Martine & Anne! We can't wait to follow your trek! You are both fantastic (and the horses too, of course!!)

    best wishes
    Clive, Murray and all the gang

    ReplyDelete