Definition

From slang.ie :

Wagon. A cranky contary female / an ugly female. She\'s some wagon eh?

wagon. wagon - an awful woman. than one is such a wagon!

wagon. a woman thats a bitch. dat ones a right wagon.

Wagon. A cantankerous old woman.. Yer wan's some wagon, I asked her could I feed the seagulls and she lifted me out of it!

wagon. car or other mode of transport. i'll drive my waggon.

Wanderly Wagon. A much loved Irish children's TV program which ran from 1968 to 1982


Saturday 5 November 2011

A Typical Irish Weekend




This weekend I was lucky enough to be invited to the opening meet of the South County Cork Farmers' Hunt. The day started with a full Irish breakfast, which was delicious; if I had been riding my lovely Gigi there is no way I could have eaten it. But today I was on foot with the Beautiful Roxy in tow.





Rosie





We met Rosie, who used to belong to Martine, and all our girls grew up with her, she is now 31 and looking fantastic.




Hunt Master




Then the hunt started to get under way , which took a while , so the ladies who had helped prepare all the food, stood in a line across the yard to keep the hounds away from the remains of the food.
Horse and Hounds




The the hounds began to gather while the Hunt Master's horse did a dance, and then they were off.











Waiting for a fox





But not for long !
















Ah that's better








A great day, brilliant weather, quote of the day from the hunt master when he emerged from a stretch of cover, "There are more foxes in there than hounds". This I will miss while away, but maybe when I come back from trekking halfway across France, I will have enough courage to join them.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I wanted to thank Martine for her advice with Shyloh! As soon as my trainer gets back from her clinic this weekend, I am going to ask her for impulsion exercises and to take a look at Shy. I am new to owning a horse, so I really value everyone's advice!

    ReplyDelete