Definition

From slang.ie :

Wagon. A cranky contary female / an ugly female. She\'s some wagon eh?

wagon. wagon - an awful woman. than one is such a wagon!

wagon. a woman thats a bitch. dat ones a right wagon.

Wagon. A cantankerous old woman.. Yer wan's some wagon, I asked her could I feed the seagulls and she lifted me out of it!

wagon. car or other mode of transport. i'll drive my waggon.

Wanderly Wagon. A much loved Irish children's TV program which ran from 1968 to 1982


Tuesday 22 November 2011

Hellooo Insomnia!


Anyone who knows me knows that there are times when I’m not very good at the whole sleeping thing.

My Silver Spurs sidekick, Naomi, could tell you about three day road trips during which I’m running on two hours sleep a night – or less – while facing into eight hours of competition organising and three hour drives during the day.  I’m the same when I’m running a particularly big local show or when I have to get up early or when I have to travel.

It’s not that I lie there in a blue funk thinking about all the things that can go wrong – believe me, we have coped tremendously well with some catastrophes in Silver Spurs land!  I’m not a nervous traveller, I’m not lying there with checklists flying through my head or panicking about not hearing the alarm.  I’m just lying there thinking, damn I can’t sleep.  I guess it’s just a certain level of tenson and anticipation at what lies ahead.

Right now, it’s 5am on the 22nd November.  I’ve been awake on and off since 1am.  I am starting to panic.  There are lists and thoughts whirling through my head.  We are leaving five weeks from today.  Everything we need has to be sorted out before Christmas.  Should I get the trailer serviced?  I must apply for European Health Insurance Cards.  Flurry is sore on his near hind.  Aero is depressed.  Molly is bald.  Cinnamon is polydypsic or at least she was until I tried to measure her water intake whereupon she promptly stopped drinking.  I need to pick up Cookie’s passport.  We still don’t know when the horses will travel or how they will cross the last 300km.  Will elderly Molly be ok on the ferry crossing?  Have to insure Anne on my jeep.  Finish prepping the raised beds & get some winter planting done. I still don’t have a GP saddle.  Must order more firewood so Tansy doesn’t freeze while she’s living here.  Make sure the jeep insurance will be valid in France for four months.  Sort out redirecting the post.  Get the water leaks fixed.  Christmas shopping.  Tidy the house.  What clothes will I bring?  What horse gear will I bring?

Oh dear, I think I am facing into the mother of all insomnia attacks.

2 comments:

  1. Such a lot to think about and do - no wonder you can't sleep!Do take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I keep thinking of things I left out of the above list!

    ReplyDelete