Definition

From slang.ie :

Wagon. A cranky contary female / an ugly female. She\'s some wagon eh?

wagon. wagon - an awful woman. than one is such a wagon!

wagon. a woman thats a bitch. dat ones a right wagon.

Wagon. A cantankerous old woman.. Yer wan's some wagon, I asked her could I feed the seagulls and she lifted me out of it!

wagon. car or other mode of transport. i'll drive my waggon.

Wanderly Wagon. A much loved Irish children's TV program which ran from 1968 to 1982


Thursday 2 February 2012

Introducing Sam

Cereste is one of those towns that has a LOT of cats.

When I first came here before Christmas, the Dutch couple who live below me asked would I feed their four cats while they were in Holland. No problem! Last year my neighbours' cat moved in with me while they were away, he had the top 2 floors, the dogs had the bottom 2 floors, and they all met in the sitting room at night ! And then he'd move back upstairs to sleep on my bed for the night.

Nelson

Just after the Dutch couple came back, a fifth cat turned up at their place at feeding time. They'd seen him before, he's one of several abandoned and feral cats in town, but he had been re-homed several kilometers from Céreste. It transpired that he had terrorized the cats that his new owners already had, and after trying really hard to get them all used to each other, they had to give up, and so they brought him back to Céreste and let him go on the other side of town. But cats being cats he soon made his way back to the plenteous food supply at my neighbours.

Unfortunately his anti social behavior continued and he was fighting with their cats.

Sometimes I would meet him when out walking my dogs, and he got on really well with them, he'd obviously been in a house with dogs before, so I thought why not ?

He gets on great with Fionn





But prefers the safety of the two chairs put together originally to keep Fionn off the furniture!

His name is Sam, and the lady who had taken him, is trying to find him a new home, meanwhile he will stay with me. He is one of the noisiest, clumsiest cats I have come across, but I am attached to him already. But NO I will not be bringing him back to Ireland with me, the cats at my house would never stand up to him.




2 comments:

  1. Sam sounds like a very interesting character glad he gets on with dogs, he’s got such a loveable face.
    Regards
    Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. he reminds me a bit of our fat black cat - seems to have the same attitude too:)

    ReplyDelete