Definition

From slang.ie :

Wagon. A cranky contary female / an ugly female. She\'s some wagon eh?

wagon. wagon - an awful woman. than one is such a wagon!

wagon. a woman thats a bitch. dat ones a right wagon.

Wagon. A cantankerous old woman.. Yer wan's some wagon, I asked her could I feed the seagulls and she lifted me out of it!

wagon. car or other mode of transport. i'll drive my waggon.

Wanderly Wagon. A much loved Irish children's TV program which ran from 1968 to 1982


Tuesday 6 September 2011

Taking the Guide Dog pup to France



Ann Mckenna with Tilda, Anne with Roxy, and Martine
Well the decision on wether or not I could bring Roxy, the guide dog puppy I am puppy walking, with me to France has been changed once or twice since I got her in April, and when I got the final no decision I was surprised at how upset I was, but a chance meeting with Ken Brydon, Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind operations manager, at the IGDB open day, changed all that, and so now it is full steam ahead, courtesy of Irish Ferries, for France.

I think I must be mad, traveling with 3 dogs, but my daughter, Polly, is coming with me, and so the roof box requirements just keep getting bigger, so fingers and paws crossed.

Syd

I thought the cat problem had solved itself, as our adopted feral cat, Syd, had been on the missing list for weeks, but yesterday he walked in bold as brass, and settled into his bed, which I hadn't had the heart to put away. And then, as fate often directs, I found a really small kitten just up the road from the house, with no owner apparent in the immediate vicinity, surely something that small could not have travelled far.
New kid on the block




But the ferry is booked, a house/cat sitter has been found, so it's off to France we go.

2 comments: